Please don’t buy a car without test driving it. Purchasing a vehicle is one of the most significant money transactions we do in life. Unfortunately, many people are not well prepared to know what to look out for when they walk into a dealership. So here I am giving you my two cents!
The biggest question you need to ask before you even test drive any car is …what type of car works for your lifestyle? If you have young kids, a two-door wouldn’t be ideal.
Test Drive-Several Cars!
Before choosing the car, you want to make sure to test at least 3-4 different vehicles before making a decision. Here are a few tips to get the best out of each test drive. Also, grab a notebook to take notes.
- With each car focus on how well it drives, how the steering wheel feels, is the seat comfortable, and how well the brakes work.
- When you test drive makes sure to turn off the radio, you can listen to the sound system after the test drive. You want to pay attention to the engine noise. And of course, if you hear any noises then let the salesperson know about your concerns.
- A test drive along your route will help to know more about the car’s performance, such as its acceleration, braking system, and other features. If too far away, then make sure to test areas that are similar to your needs.
- There is a big difference between driving a car in the daytime and driving at night. With the coming of night vision technology incorporated into car designs, it is necessary to test them out at night. A test at night will show you some details you will never take note of in the day. The look of the color, the functionality of the headlights, adaptive lighting are some of the features a night test drive will tell.
- Talking about a vital detail like the price will rob you of the attention needed during the test drive. Leave such discussions till when you are back at the showroom. Just tell the salesperson that you want to discuss details when the test drive is over.
After each test, write down notes so you can compare when you are done. Remember it needs to be the car you want because you’re going to be spending a lot of money on it.
The best thing to do after test driving is to go home and THINK IT OVER! My mom used to say, “sleep on it.” You don’t want to regret anything.
MaxxDrive Auto Group is ready for you to take a TEST DRIVE on any of their used or new vehicles.