Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Who knew (I didn’t) that you can use DENTURE TABLETS to clean household items. Plus it’s so easy! Drop in, let Fizz , let sit…DONE!
I cleaned my coffee maker and it was DIRTY! I put in about 3-4 tabs and let sit for a couple hours and when I dumped the water…ewwww gross! The inside of the coffee pot was so clean and SILVER not brown. Of course I ran water through the coffee maker a couple times before making my first cup of coffee. I have to tell you that cup of coffee was the BEST I had in months!
I also had some dishes that needed a little TLC and so I filled the sink up and put in 8 tabs then let the dishes soak. BAM they came clean- all that dried up food that I didn’t get washing by hand- GONE!!!
With 3 boys in the house the toilet seems to get a RING all the time and so instead of scrubbing like I normally do- I put in 4 tabs and let sit for a couple hours (do this after kids go to school) BTW I love the mint smell! No more ring! This has become a weekly thing for me now.
Here are some more ways Effervescent Denture Cleaners (you can get at national pharmacies, discount stores, and supermarkets)
- Coffeemakers – fill the reservoir with water, add a few tabs, soak for a while or overnight and rinse well. Don’t run through heated cycle. Rinse well and run a clear water cycle.
- Cruets / Decanters – break tabs into small pieces to fit inside hard-to-clean small-necked glass or ceramics. Let soak for a couple hours or overnight. Shake occasionally and rinse well.
- Kids Bath toys – 3-10 tabs in a pail of hot water with toys. Soak for 30-60 mins and rinse well!
- Enamel / Glass / Stainless cookware – soak in water with 3-10 tablets to remove burnt-on spots and crusty stuff. Scrub lightly if necessary.
- Porcelain sinks – Add 4-10 tablets to standing hot water in sink and soak 30-60 mins (or overnight) to remove tough stains. Scub lightly if necessary. Leaves sparkling.
- Little stuff – ideal for make-up brushes (swish & soak just the bristles) mani-pedi tools, toothbrush holders hair clips, hair brushes & combs, pen/pencil holders, cosmetic trays etc..
- Clogged Drains-Drop 3 tablets and 1 cup of vinegar down a clogged drain. Wait a few minutes and then run hot water thru.
- Whiten Fingernails-drop 2 denture tablets in water. When the bubble stop soak your fingers for 10 minutes. Remove and dry with towel
PinkMama gives this product a 2 Thumbs Up!