Are you ready to buy a new car?
So this is the year you will buy a new car (or a used car but new to you), but are you ready? Buying a car is a responsibility that some people are not ready for, they usually go default on loan and lose the car. What good is that- waste of money.
Let’s see if you are ready- ask your self these questions and double check to make sure you are ready for this responsiblity.
- Research. Don’t just hop in the car and go to the dealership…wrong move. You need to get online and do your research. First, figure out what you need or what you want. Check out all the info you can find on the car you want to purchase. Look at all the pros and cons then write your list. The more you know about the vehicle you want, the more time you will save at the dealership.
- Be prepared. Okay, so you know what vehicle you want now time to get to figure out how to finance this expense. Check on your credit score and if it needs help then try to fix that first. You can make a copy of the credit score, so the dealership knows what you are working with in terms of credit. They will have a better chance of getting you a great deal if your credit is on point. Check with your bank about car loans too, being pre-approved before walking into a dealership is a step towards getting the car of your dreams.
- Negotiate. If you are not good at negotiation, then take someone who can help you through this process. Don’t accept the first price thrown out at you…NO!!! Be smart and don’t give in at that sale price sticker…dealerships know how to do this too.
- Best time to BUY! If you are in the market to buy a new car, go at the end of the month. Sales staff are trying to reach their monthly quota so they might make you a deal you can’t reject. Just be smart and make sure you understand all that the price entails. Best deals happen around holidays and at the end of the month.
- Buy don’t LEASE! Now some people like to lease but really…why? As soon as you drive that car off the lot, you will lose several thousand dollars in the buyback price. Basically, leasing is paying for the depreciation, interest and all other fees. So unless you can get a top
dollerlease contract, please buy.
If you have any questions on buying a car please talk to Legacy Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM they want to get you in the car of your dreams!