Ways to Make Your Car More Fuel Efficient
Don’t we all want to SAVE MONEY on gas. The prices go up one day and then down another so we never know what to expect when we pull into a station to get gas. However, we can take steps to have a fuel efficiency vechile. Remember it is not all about the design of a car only, but some other factors also contribute to how much gas you burn.
One of the major things that affect your fuel consumption is how regular your car has been maintained. A car is more fuel efficient when the engine functions correctly. When its due for service take it in- don’t delay maintence becuase that will gradually put stress on the engine since it has to work harder.
The higher the stress, the less the efficiency and this result in an increase in fuel consumption. Apart from the general maintenance, there are many other means of significantly save fuel for your car.
SAVE ON GAS TRICKS:
- Keep the right tire pressure and ensure to check them at least once every month. Lower tire pressure means increased tire resistance, and this will put your car, to more work than usual. In the end, you burn more fuel.
- Use your cruise control when you can. You can save as much as 6% of your fuel consumption with that feature in your car.
- Ensure that the connecting points on your car battery are not corroded. Corrosion causes your alternator to do more work, and this means more work for the engine.
- It’s better just to start your car engine and leave it to warm than having to rev it when doing same. You burn fuel doing this and revving the engine doesn’t necessarily do a better job on the engine.
- Ensure you follow the car manual when you need to change your air filter. Remember that you will need to go this often when you drive on a dusty road.
- For older cars, ensure to change your oxygen sensor the same you change the spark plugs. The device is essential to how fuel is used in your vehicle.
- Keep your car in the highest gear in such a way that you are not stressing your engine. You this concerning the speed you are moving at and this applies to manual gears only.
- Avoid sharp acceleration and braking. Do both softly.
- The less the load you carry, the less fuel you burn. Take out unnecessary stuff off your car if you don’t need them on that journey.
- Turn off your AC when you can. It can reduce the workload on your car engine thereby saving you fuel.
On top of these tips make sure you get yourself a FUEL EFFICIENT automobile from John Elway’s Claremont Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram – they want to save you money too!